Categories of Membership
Accredited Members – ALC Designees
Accredited Members are those Members who have satisfactorily completed all the requirements of RLI’s candidacy program and who have been awarded the right to use the “Accredited Land Consultant (ALC)” designation by fulfilling all professional competence requirements as established by the Board of Directors. Accredited Members must hold a category of membership as a REALTOR® or REALTOR-ASSOCIATE® member of the National Association, or hold an Institute Affiliate membership in a member Board/Association. Accredited Members may vote and hold office and may retain their accreditation as long as their membership in the RLI organization is maintained. These members qualify for Accredited Member-level member benefits.
Annual Membership Dues: $445*
*First-time applicants are subject to an additional one-time application fee of $75.
Institute Members shall be RLI members who have not yet achieved the ALC designation. They may vote and hold office only if they hold a category of membership as a REALTOR® or a REALTOR ASSOCIATE® member of NAR, or hold Institute Affiliate membership in a member Board/Association. Institute members retain their candidacy status and all coursework credit earned toward the ALC designation as long as their membership in the organization is maintained. These members qualify for Institute Member-level member benefits.
Military Transition Program (MTP) Members
RLI’s Military Transition Program (MTP) is a one-year program designed to assist transitioning service members into the land real estate industry. The program is available to veterans who served in the military starting in 2000 and are now looking to build or enhance a career in the land business. The program offers unparalleled networking and camaraderie among land professionals as well as the ability to learn from fellow members’ knowledge and years of experience to gain competence and confidence as a land professional.
The Military Transition Program benefits are valued at over $1,800:
- First full year of membership – FREE! ($445 value)
- Land 101: Fundamentals of Land Brokerage course – FREE! ($445 value)
- One additional LANDU elective course – FREE! ($445 value)
- Ability to apply for the John Eshenbaugh Military Scholarship ($500 value)
- Exclusive remote networking teleconferences for all MTP Members
Read the experience of one MTP member’s transition from military to land real estate through the program here. To apply, complete and submit the MTP Membership application to email@example.com or by calling 800-441-5263.
Associate Members are industry service providers, partners, and other non-real estate professionals who are engaged in endeavors related to the objectives of RLI but who do not aspire to hold the Accredit Land Consultant (ALC) designation. Associate members may include, but are not limited to, the following: real estate-related professionals who do not have a real estate license, government and non-profit employees, students, and professors. They may not vote or hold office and are not required to hold a category of membership in NAR.
Annual Membership Dues: $195
Student members are those individuals attending high school or an institution of higher education, who are not licensed as real estate practitioners, and who are interested in the land specialty and real estate profession. They may not vote or hold office and are not required to hold membership in NAR.
Annual Membership Dues: $75
Emeritus Members shall be those members who have made outstanding contributions of personal time and effort to the Institute at the national or chapter level, have had continuous membership in RLI for at least 20 years, and who are at least 70 years of age. Emeritus Members shall have voting privileges and are entitled to receive all services accorded RLI membership. Emeritus Members shall not pay any national dues. To apply for Emeritus status, all requirements must be met and a letter of intent must be submitted to the Board of Directors.
Annual Membership Dues: Free
- RLI Inducts 2017 National President with Plans for a Year of ChangeDecember 1, 2016 - 11:28 am
- Luke Worrell, ALC, Named 2016 Illinois Farm & Land Broker of the Year by the Illinois Farm & Land RLI ChapterSeptember 22, 2016 - 9:43 am
- Iowa Chapter of REALTORS® Land Institute Releases 2016 Land Trends and Values SurveySeptember 15, 2016 - 10:46 am
Recent RLI Blog Posts
- Drones for Commercial Use: Taking Real Estate Businesses to New Heights
- A Quiet Strength: The Voice of Advocacy in the Wake of Devastation
- Unlock the Door to Your NAR Member Benefits and Resources
- RLI Inducts 2017 National President with Plans for a Year of Change
- How will the elections impact land and real estate?