The REALTORS® Land Institute (RLI) is proud to award its members and LANDU Instructors for their outstanding achievements. Awards will be presented at the Annual National Land Conference. Below are the prestigious Leadership Awards conferred by RLI:
- ALC-to-ALC Networking Awards
- The Robert C Meeks, ALC, Distinguished Service Award
- Land REALTOR® of America Award
- Excellence in Instruction Award
- Outstanding Chapter Award
- Land Rising Star Award
ALC-to-ALC Networking Awards
The ALC-to-ALC Networking Awards showcase the range of referral opportunities available to those land professionals who have achieved the Accredited Land Consultant (ALC) Designation. Four categories of awards are available:
- The largest in state ALC-to-ALC transaction by sales volume
- The largest in state ALC-to-ALC transaction by total acreage
- The largest national referral for an ALC-to-ALC transaction by sales volume
- The largest national referral for an ALC-to-ALC transaction by total acreage
- Nominees must be ALCs prior to transaction closing date.
- Nominees must submit closing documents (HUD-1 or Settlement sheets).
- Nominees must have received a commission or referral fee.
- Nominees must sign a document confirming their role(s) in the transaction.
- Nominees must submit a brief description of the transaction.
- Only one submission per ALC (same on both side), per category. Multiple entries are allowed with a different ALC on the other side of the transaction.
- More than two ALCs may be involved in the transaction.
- Transaction closing dates must be completed between January 1, 2016, and December 31, 2016.
The Robert C. Meeks, ALC, Distinguished Service Award
In honor of dedicated, long-time Accredited Land Consultant Robert C. Meeks, the Distinguished Service Award is presented to an ALC in recognition of long-term commitment and service to fellow-Institute members, the land profession, and thecommunity.
Nominees must hold the ALC Designation, have completed at least 15 years of service to the Institute, made unique contributions to REALTORS® Land Institute, and be involved in community and professional activities.
Land REALTOR® of America Award
Once a year, an accomplished Accredited Land Consultant (ALC) is chosen by past recipients to receive the esteemed Land REALTOR® of America Award. The Land REALTOR® of America Award recognizes members of REALTORS® Land Institute for their effort and work expended in the interest of their fellow Institute members, their profession, and their community.
- Nominees must be Accredited Land Consultants.
- Nominees must show contributions to the advancement of the land profession.
- Nominees must possess the REALTOR® spirit, which includes having high principles of faithfulness to laws and regulations of the Code of Ethics and chapter, and furtherance of principles of good real estate practice among other brokers and the general public.
- Nominees must demonstrate participation in chapter activities as an officer or community chairman; special assignments; seminar activity and educational work; membership recruitment efforts and helping other members with their chapter responsibilities.
- Nominees must demonstrate participation in national institute activities including holding national office or committee chair positions and attendance at national meetings.
- Nominees must demonstrate participation in civic activities on a local, state and national level such as service clubs, charitable activities, political commissions, fraternal or religious groups, etc.
- Nominees must demonstrate business accomplishments such as good business conduct, service to clients, imaginative and creative marketing programs, rehabilitation work, land utilization, etc.
- Nominees must demonstrate participation in REALTOR®-related activities on a local, state and national level including offices held, committee work completed, special assignments, seminar activity, education work, etc.
- The nominee cannot be the current REALTORS® Land Institute National President, National President Elect, National Vice President, National Vice President of Finance or the immediate past president.
Excellence in Instruction Award
The Excellence in Instruction Award recognizes REALTORS® Land Institute instructors for their exceptional teaching skills, contributions to LANDU professional development, and volunteerism for REALTORS® Land Institute education.
Recipients must be within the top five overall in student evaluation scores, participated in and submitted appropriate paperwork for REALTORS® Land Institute professional development requirements, illustrated best-practice in instruction, contributed to diverse educational opportunities, participated in course improvement and updates, and demonstrated volunteerism for REALTORS® Land Institute education.
The award recipient is chosen by the Education Committee after receiving instructor evaluations, as well as a description of what each instructor has done for professional development and volunteerism for REALTORS® Land Institute education.
Outstanding Chapter Award
The Outstanding Chapter Award recognizes one REALTORS® Land Institute chapter that has demonstrated excellence and creativity in the following categories: member retention and development, course and other educational offerings, volunteerism to national REALTORS® Land Institute, technological achievements, and outreach and collaboration with other REALTORS® Land Institute chapters and local and state organizations.
Only official REALTORS® Land Institute Chapters can be nominated.
Land Rising Star Award
In 2015, the Institute debuted the Rising Star Award—a special recognition of a land professional who has demonstrated promise. The Rising Star Award recognizes a member approaching a mid-level in his/her career who is on his/her way to making significant contributions to the land profession and to the Institute.
An appropriate candidate will have distinguished him/herself as a person who is making a meaningful difference and is on a trajectory for future success within the business of land. The recipient’s work should reflect integrity, inspirational behavior, commitment to advancing the profession through innovative work, and leadership.
- Potential for leadership: participation in professional organizations, publication in the professional literature, professional public speaking, and/or mentoring of other professionals.
- Demonstrated achievement: career progression and documented results of professional work.
- Exceptional personal qualities: integrity, upholding values of the profession and of the Institute, community service, mentoring others.
- Innovation: use of professional techniques and methods with measurable, transferable results