What Our Accredited Land Consultants (ALCs) Say
“I am proud to have achieved my Accredited Land Consultant accreditation from the REALTORS® Land Institute. I believe it shows clients and associates my dedication and commitment to adhere to the best customer service I can provide along with continuing my personal and professional development. The ALC Designation allows access to a network of land real estate agents that can share their knowledge and broaden business connections. I feel fortunate to be a part of the REALTORS® Land Institute and for all of the advantages they offer to my business.”
“I continue to create productive business relationships with other REALTORS® Land Institute members across the state. The REALTORS® Land Institute courses have more than paid for themselves over time, and my website is getting more hits daily with my new ALC accreditation! Thanks REALTORS® Land Institute!”
“I am truly humbled and honored to have achieved my ALC Designation and be a member of RLI, a most prestigious organization. I’m excited going forward with the knowledge and benefits of gained in attaining RLI’s prestigious ALC. 2018 will be my 35th year in the industry and this is my proudest accomplishment.”
“As soon as I joined Keller Williams Land Division, I was welcomed and introduced to all agents as the Tulsa Area Land Specialist. Earning the prestigious Accredited Land Consultant Designation has been more valuable than my college degree, solidifying my specialization in land.”
“To achieve the Accredited Land Consultant Designation has been a goal of mine since I attended LANDU Education Week in Chicago in the summer of 2014. The knowledge that I gained from the LANDU courses has helped me to better succeed in real estate early in my career. I strongly recommend to anyone starting in land real estate to take the time to gain the designation, it will pay large dividends.”
“In 2015, I received the award for the #1 Agent for RE/MAX Oklahoma for Commission Earned. I attribute to benefits received as a direct result of my ALC Designation. ”
“The ALC Designation is a trusted symbol of experience and education as a land consultant to share with clients and peers. The knowledge gained through this program has allowed me to confidently support clients and agents as Managing Broker of Mason Morse Ranch Company. I am honored to have earned the Accredited Land Consultant Designation by the REALTORS® Land Institute.”
Earning The Elite ALC Designation
ALC Reinstatement Policy
The Accredited Land Consultant Designation is awarded by the ALC Designation Committee and the RLI Board of Directors to land real estate professionals who have successfully completed all education and experience requirements. After being awarded the designation, ALCs must maintain membership in good standing with both RLI and the National Association of REALTORS® (either as a REALTOR® or Institute Affiliate member) to continue using the ALC Designation and its marks in accordance with the official RLI Bylaws.
For accredited members whose membership lapsed for less than one year, there will be a $75 reinstatement fee in addition to the current year’s full yearly dues. For accredited members whose membership has lapsed for more than one year, there will be a $425 ALC reinstatement fee in addition to the pro-rated dues for the year in which they reinstate.
Accredited members whose membership lapsed for a period greater than five years will be required to pay the ALC reinstatement fee and be required to retake the ALC Exam. Only upon successful passing of the ALC Exam will they be considered an accredited member in good standing.
The ALC Fast Track Program
A “Fast Track” to the ALC Designation is available to those real estate professionals who have already achieved specific levels of education on land and/or real estate. Fast Track applicants must provide proof of holding one of the approved designations or degrees prior to being approved for the Fast Track program:
- CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member)
- SIOR (Industrial & Office REALTOR®)
- CRE (Counselor of Real Estate)
- AFM (Accredited Farm Manager of ASFMRA)
- ARA (Accredited Rural Appraiser of ASFMRA)
- RPRA (Real Property Review Appraiser of ASFMRA)
- AAC (Accredited Agricultural Consultant of ASFMRA)
- MAI (Member, Appraisal Institute)
- CAI (Certified Auctioneer Institute)
- CPL (Certified Professional Landman of AAPL)
- SR/WA (Senior Right of Way Professional of IWRA)
- AICP (American Institute of Certified Planners)
- Those who hold either a bachelor’s or master’s degree, with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0, with a major in real estate, development, forestry, or a program related to a land business specialization, may also apply for consideration for Fast Track to the ALC Designation Committee. Fast Track will only be granted to the applicant upon approval by the ALC Designation Committee.
- If approved for the Fast Track Program, the applicant will only be required to the take the three required Core courses, except for CCIM fast-track applicants who, because of their extensive coursework in investment analysis, are not required to take Land Investment Analysis. Instead, CCIM fast-track applicants may choose any course from the Specialty track to replace Land Investment Analysis.
- Course equivalencies are not accepted for Fast Track candidates.
Note: All Fast Track candidates must submit a formal application for the ALC Designation and fulfill all other ALC requirements.