This event is a chapter event, and is thus hosted on the chapter site. Click here to be redirected to the associated chapter site.
This event is currently being hosted on a separate registration page. Click here to be redirected to the appropriate page.
Land 101: Fundamentals of Land Brokerage Independent Study
December 30, 2022 - January 01, 2024
DatesFriday, December 30, 2022 - Monday, January 01, 2024
Time12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Early Bird Discount DeadlineTuesday, January 02, 2024
Registration DeadlineMonday, January 01, 2024
This course is the perfect introduction to the land specialty. Whether just entering the land real estate industry or looking to refresh on the basics, attendees will acquire knowledge to more confidently assist clients. This course provides a strong foundation for any real estate professional looking to perform land transactions.
After taking this course, attendees will have the:
- Expertise to navigate various environmental, land-use rights and restrictions, and taxation factors associated with land transactions.
- Confidence to identify, describe, map and value the different types of land real estate.
- Competence needed to help clients through the 1031 tax-deferred exchange process.
- Knowledge to strategically market and sell properties.
Resources and tools received:
- Farm Listing Checklist
- Tools to Estimate Tract Productivity
- Sample Marketing Package
LANDU Course Pricing Structure
- ALC Designated Course Price - For registrants that have already earned the Accredited Land Consultants (ALC) Designation and are considered to be an active ALC.
- RLI Member Course Price - For registrants that are REALTORS® Land Institute Members who have not yet earned the Accredited Land Consultant (ALC) Designation.
- Non-Member Course Price - For registrants that are not active members of the REALTORS® Land Institute.
This course is self-paced with no instructor or participant interaction. There is no video or audio learning component. This is strictly based on readings of the course materials. Students have one year, from the date of purchase, to complete the course and pass the final exam.
This course is not approved for CE. RLI does not apply for CE approval for our courses. We recommend for our members to contact their State’s Real Estate Commission for the requirements on self-reporting CE for their license. In some states, the Commission allows self-reporting and requires the individual to submit any additional course materials (i.e. timed agenda, course objectives, description…), along with their course completion certificate. Unfortunately, RLI National does not have access to the various state’s CE requirements and criteria.